Why Test for Legionella?
Legionella testing is increasingly recognized as an important part of a water management program for both potable and non-potable water systems. New York, ASHRAE, and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services mandate or recommend testing to validate the water management program and to monitor its effectiveness.
Why Choose U.S. Micro-Solutions?
- Accredited by CDC ELITE, New York ELAP, AIHA-LAP LLC
- Immediate notification of positive results
- Lab open on Saturdays
- Gold standard culture method (ISO11731:2017)
- Rapid identification of Legionella species by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry
- Serogrouping of L. pneumophila as serogroup 1 or 2-14
- Use of selective and non-selective media
- Direct plating and concentration by filtration
- Sample pre-treatment with heat and acid
- Free collection bottles and swabs
How It Works
We Do Our Work
You Get Results
Legionella Testing Information
(Test Code = LEG)
|Sample Type||Analytical Sensitivity (CFU/mL)||Turn-Around Time (days)|
|Potable||Faucet, shower head, hot water tank, ice machines/dispensers, drinking fountain, eye wash||Liquid||<1||~8 days for final report; preliminary notification of all positive results|
|Nonpotable||Cooling tower, evaporative condenser, decorative fountain, whirlpool, spa, swimming pool||Liquid||10|
|Industrial||Metal working fluid||Liquid||10|
Samples submitted for Legionella may also be analyzed for heterotrophic plate count (HPC).
|Test Code||Analysis||Samples||Turn-Around Time (days)|
|HPC||Heterotrophic Plate Count||As Above for Legionella||5|
|IDS||Legionella Species Identification||BCYE slant or plate with suspected Legionella growth||2|