Microbial Air Samplers
Top-of-the-Line Air Quality Testing
The Surface Air System (SAS) is used around the world by hospitals, research labs, pharmaceutical and food manufacturers, and any industry utilizing cleanrooms, from aerospace to nanotechnology.
The SAS includes several models which use the same principle of air impaction. Air is aspirated at a fixed speed for variable time through a head which has been machined with a series of small holes. The resulting laminar air flow is directed on the surface of an agar plate containing microbial growth medium. When the sampling cycle is complete, the agar plate is removed and incubated at an appropriate temperature to permit recovery of microorganisms.
The numerical designation of these devices (SAS 180, SAS 360) refers to the airflow aspiration rate, either 180 or 360 liters of air per minute. The SAS 360 is a dual-head device, with each head aspirating 180 L/min for a total of 360 L/min.
Key characteristics of SAS Air Samplers are:
- Programmable interval sampling.
- 100% sampling efficiency for particles down to 1 micron.
- Digitally records day, time, site, and air volume samples, as well as the operator’s ID.
- Data output for PC printers and export to computers for reporting/plotting according to EN45001 specifications.
- Compliant with national and international standards, including ISO 14698, EU GLP-GMP, EN45001, ACGIH, USP 1116, and USP 797.
- NIST traceable certificate of calibration available upon request.
- The stainless-steel aspirating head is certified, autoclavable, and particle emission free for clean rooms.
Durable, Easy-to-Use Air Samplers
You’ll find SAS direct impaction air samplers are simple-to-use devices that feature an intuitive user interface. They provide for fast sampling time, less than six minutes to sample 1,000 liters of air with the SAS Super 180 sampler.
SAS devices are durable and flexible, working with standard 55mm contact plates or 90mm petri dishes.
With over 7 hours of operational battery life on each charge, each SAS Air Sampler has the capacity to sample 40,000 liters of air. The device can be charged overnight with a standard charger.
Visit our Equipment Rentals page or complete our Rental Agreement.