Legionella: the Silent PassengerNovember 20, 2017
Deanna Kiska – New President of U.S. Micro-SolutionsNovember 20, 2017
The Centers for Disease Control have collected data on Legionnaires’ disease from 21 jurisdictions in the United States (20 states and 1 large metropolitan area). Access full report here.
Legionnaires’ disease is widespread in U.S. health care facilities.
- Definite health care-associated Legionnaires’ disease cases were reported by the majority (76%) of the 21 jurisdictions, including 72 facilities with 1-6 cases per facility.
- Long-term care facilities account for most (80%) of the health care settings reporting definite cases of Legionnaires’ disease.
Legionnaires’ disease can kill up to 1 in 4 patients.
- Definite health care-associated cases carry a high case fatality rate (25%) as compared to non-health care-associated cases (6%).
Legionnaires’ disease can be prevented with proper water management.
- Click here to access the Centers for Disease Control Water Management Tool Kit.
- Validation of a water management plan includes Legionella testing.
- Contact U.S. Micro-Solutions for your Legionella testing needs. Our expertise, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service make us the first choice in environmental microbiology laboratories.